A smile is one of the first features that another person notices about you, that is why cosmetic dentistry has become extremely popular in todays dental world. Modern dentistry has given us many procedures to ensure your smile is white and dazzling. Dr. Charles Scholler provides numerous options for Somis and Camarillo area patients, and we would like to take the opportunity to explain the different possibilities to help you get that perfect smile you deserve.
At our office, we offer many cosmetic smile options ranging from cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, Invisalign, veneers, teeth whitening, and many more. Listed below are the most popular available options and their descriptions. We encourage current and future patients to read through the different choices and see which is the best fit for you. We guarantee there is something for everyone!
Cosmetic Dental Procedures
- Dental Implants: Synthetic structures used to replace dentures for a more permanent tooth replacement. They look and feel like natural teeth and will not move around in the mouth.
- Veneers: Porcelain or plastic that is cemented over the front of your teeth to change the color or shape. Best used to treat chipped, discolored, oddly shaped, unevenly spaced or crooked front teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: Effectively restores your stained, dull, or discolored teeth to a bright and white smile.
- Invisalign: Removable and comfortable aligners that are virtually invisible and will give you beautiful straight teeth in under 2 years time. They are used for teens and adults in place of metal braces.
- Bonding: Tooth-colored material is used to close gaps or change the color of your tooth.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Rather than silver or gold, these look completely natural by matching the color of your teeth.
One of our most popular and quickest procedures is our in-office teeth whitening treatment. Many of our patients have found their smile to be 8-10 shades brighter in one visit! While there are many at home treatments, professional teeth whitening, which is done at our office, is the best choice you can make when it comes to teeth whitening. It is also the safest method and the longest lasting. The procedure for teeth whitening includes:
- Comprehensive Consultation – First, Dr. Scholler will do an examination of your teeth and gums. Your smile will then be matched to a shade guide. This will help you to see your measurable results after the process is complete.
- Preparation of Teeth – You will need to have an in-office cleaning before the teeth whitening can be done. This ensures that food particles, bacteria and tarter will not interfere with the whitening agent.
- Application of the Whitening Agent –A protective coating or device will be used to ensure the whitening agent does not bother your gums. Then, the whitening solution is brushed onto all exposed tooth surfaces.
- Duration of Treatment – Some patients can see an eight-shade difference after just an hour! Depending on the treatment, a special light may be used to intensify the teeth whitening gel.
If cosmetic dentistry sounds like a great way for you to get the smile of a lifetime, contact our dental office serving Camarillo today for more information or to schedule an appointment!